All batch jobs and service operations now run in managed code (IL) and require different debugging steps. Rather than setting breakpoints within X++, you need to set them within the IL code that corresponds to the X++ code and debug in Visual Studio.
- Open Visual Studio as 'administrator' and attach the debugger to the Ax32Serv.exe process.
- Note that it may also be necessary to change the ‘Attach to’ selection to ‘Managed (v4.0) code’ and make sure “just my code” is unchecked in VS: tools->options->debugging->General
- Once done, open up the file you want to debug in Visual Studio. All of the X++ code is compiled into IL and can be found in the following directory after deployment: ..\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics Ax\6.0\Server\AxaptaDev\Bin\XppIL\source\
- Set a breakpoint in the file you opened.
- Go to Ax and run the process in batch mode, or execute the service operation. This will end up hitting your breakpoint, provided you set it in the right place.