Sometime back, I have experience on interesting issue while installing Reporting Extensions with SQL server 2008, When I run the Setup, I get the following message : "You must install SQL server 2005 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 before installing the report extensions". Here is the workaround
- 1. Locate the Dynamics AX 2009 Reporting services dll from the extracted AX 2009 SP1 folder[\\AX2009SP1\support\axsetupresources\microsoft.dynamics.setup.reportingservices.dll;File Version - 5.0.1000.52]
- Extract the AX 2009 .iso to a folder
- Copy the microsoft.dynamics.setup.reportingservices.dll into the folder: \\DynamicsAX\Msi\Components32\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50 and Setup\\DynamicsAX\Msi\Components64\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Setup
- It will ask to replace the existing dll having File Version - 5.0.593.0. Say Yes and replace.
- 5. Then Install AX Reporting Services extensions. It works fine and the Reporting Extensions are installed nice.